your first embed
embeds are a way to specially format and structure a message. you can put things such as images, a colored border, and more in an embed.
the command base is
- to add an embed, you have to use the
/embed create embedname
- the embed name is what mimu recognizes the embed as compared to other embeds you may create.
- embed names should be short and sweet, as they cannot be more than 16 characters long and do not support spaces.
- after using the create command, mimu will send that you've successfully created it and will have buttons below it to edit your newly created embed
created embed with buttons below it
- clicking each button will bring you to a form, also known as modals, to fill out what you want edited in your embed
this what the first button, editing basic information, brings you to!
- once you click "submit" when you're done in the modal, all of your changes will be automatically saved!
your freshly edited embed c:
- you can view your existing embeds by typing
- all servers have a maximum of 5 embeds
- premium servers have this limit lifted, allowing them up to 150 embeds
a list of your server's embeds
- you can delete an embed using
/embed delete embed:embedname
- for example, to delete the existing embed named
example, you would run /
embed delete example
successfully deleting your embed
- you can edit an existing embed by using
- there are 8 possible embed properties for you to edit- author, color, description, footer, image, thumbnail, timestamp, title
- to edit the author -
/embed edit author embed:embedname text:optional text here icon: optional icon link here
- to edit the color -
/embed edit color embed:embedname color:optional color hex here
- to edit the description -
/embed edit description embed:embedname description:optional text here
- to edit the footer -
/embed edit footer embed:embedname text:optional text here icon:optional icon link here
- to edit the image -
/embed edit image embed:embedname image:optional image link here
- to edit the thumbnail -
/embed edit thumbnail embed:embedname image:optional image link here
- to edit the timestamp -
/embed edit timestamp embed:embedname timestamp:True/False: select true for a timestamp to be added and false for no timestamp.
- to edit the title:
/embed edit title embed:embedname title:optional text here
- in the above commands, all values are "optional" as if you leave them blank, it will remove the property completely. for example, if you edit the image of your embed and leave the optional image link out, it will remove the image from your embed entirely.
embed infographic on all of the properties